Monday, February 14, 2011

What do I want to be when I grow up?

The last time (metaphorically only) someone went about comparing cars - it was Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, comparing a Ferrari 360 to a Porsche GT 3 RS: I would always prefer a bridge over a Pentium processor, he said. - I ended up choosing Mechanical as my field of engineering.
Anyway, we aren't going to make mundane comparisons today. We look at some of the Pakistani cars at the Shell Eco Marathon 2010, and see what they would like to become once they get old.
This blog isn't just about updates on our projects. It's also about some light-hearted jest and the misrepresentation of truth!
I have no idea what I was thinking when comparing Kaar to a Bugati Veyron. I felt they looked alike. In some tens of photos of Kaar and Bugati that I went through, both tried hard not to look like each other. This was a success. It didn't bother me.

I don't know what car this is, but it says Mazda somewhere. On the right is NED's Winmark's monstrosity.

It was the car, not the guy looking on that somewhat resembled a Hummer.

The same that applies to the Bugati and Kaar applies here: a Lambo and GIKI's Panache's car.

The Bowler Nemesis and another one of NED's vehicle.

Don't think the vehicle on the left is more than just a concept car - have no idea what it is anyway - but then, the one on the right is hardly better than a facsimile of a vehicle in SEM Europe 2009

I found it hard to find something similar to the Prodigy. Tried looking up Turkey's first car, but then, these guys would start whining all year round

This car didn't lack imagination

Ok, I am SLIGHTLY biased against the prototype category. I think they all look like mice.

A mouse in armour

An orange mouse

A mouse with wings

A slightly car-ish mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment